3 hrs 5 mins
This the authentic recipe from my Argentinan friend - its not boiled evaporated milk - which is not truly Dulce De Leche. Can be used as a biscuit filling, butterfly cakes, cheesecakes, or stired through icecream
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in a large heavybase saucepan & stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 2Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 1.5 hours stiring every 15 minutes. Skim off any foam that is on the surface
- 3The mix should have thickened and changed colour.
- 4For the next hour stir the mix every 5 minutes. A thin caramel will form as the time passes.
- 5For the last 30 minutes stir constantly. The caramel should be as thick as jam when a teaspoon of it is left in the fridge for 2 minutes.
- 6Continue to cook until this consistency is reached.
- 7Strain through a sieve and cool.
- 8Store in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dulce De Leche
Serving Size: 1 (2878 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1111.1
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.4 mg
- Sodium 332.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 224.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 200.0 g
- Protein 16.9 g