Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Now I know there are a lot of dukkah recipes out there but this is from Ian Hemphill a master spice maker who is rather famous here in Australia. This is not comparable to any other version - I promise. By the way I use this for my turkish lamb pide but it may be served with turkish bread (plain pide), dipped in a good olive oil then dipped in this mixture - heavenly! Dukkah can also be used in coating for fish and chicken or sprinkled over salads.
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons hazelnuts
- 4 tablespoons pistachio nuts
- 10 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 5 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Roast hazelnuts and pistachios. Then chop them in a food processor.
- Toast sesame seeds in dry pan until golden brown. Careful don't let burn as soon as they start turning brown remove from heat!
- Blend all ingredients together and store in airthight container.