Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
An amazing spice and nut mixture that can be sprinkled on salads or pasta dishes, mixed with olive oil and brushed on pita or pizza dough, or coated on chicken or fish and then grilled. You can also take some great bread, dip it in olive oil, then in the Dukkah... heaven. Enjoy!
- 236.59 ml of shelled pistachio nut
- 236.59 ml almonds
- 14.79 ml whole coriander seed
- 14.79 ml whole cumin seed
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 59.14 ml sesame seeds
- 1.23 ml salt
- Firstly toast the nuts in a hot oven for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Toast the spice seeds and sesame seeds separately in the same way.
- Cool and combine with the remaining ingredients in a food processor.
- Grind the mixture until it resembles small breadcrumbs.
- The mixture should be very dry and crumbly, not a paste.
- Be careful as over processing can release the oil from the nuts making the mixture moist, which you don't want.
WOW! This is a fantastic recipe! Makes a great gift, and it's so versatile! This has become an instant family favorite.
I never would have guessed that a bunch of nuts and seeds would taste so fantastic with olive oiled bread, but I'm here to give my scientific opinion: *YUM!* I used marcona almonds because that's the only kind I had on hand, but the rest of the recipe was followed exactly. I could swim in this stuff, it's so good! A few mini pitas, some brushed with olive oil, some with roasted garlic paste, were absolutely delish, but there are so many other possibilities, my head's spinning! Thanks for a recipe that's going straight into my "Encore" cookbook!
I enjoyed this. Did not have coriander on hand so left it out. I dipped some home made Ciabatta bread in EVOO and then the Dukkah and enjoyed it very much. My food processor wasn't cooperating so I placed it all in a bag and beat with a meat mallet; worked fine. Will be making this again and again. Thanks for a great recipe.