Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 200 g sesame seeds
- 200 g hazelnuts
- 35 g large coriander seeds
- 35 g cumin seeds
- 15 g fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon sun dried sea salt
- 3 g sweet paprika
- Place the sesame seeds on a baking tray and toast in a pre-heated oven set at 350F for approximately 10 minutes or until a pale golden brown colour.
- Cool and place into a bowl.
- Place the hazelnuts on a baking tray and toast in a preheated oven set at 350F for 10–15 minutes.
- Rub the skins from the hazelnuts in a clean tea towel.
- Cool and place the toasted hazelnuts into a food processor and grind until fine, being careful to stop before they become a paste.
- Place into the same bowl as the toasted sesame seeds.
- Place the spices on a baking tray and toast in a preheated oven set at 330F for 5 minutes.
- Cool and place the toasted spices into a food processor and grind until a fine powder is achieved.
- Pound the salt and peppercorns with a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder until a course powder has formed.
- Add the paprika and mix well.
- Place all the ingredients into the bowl with the sesame seeds and hazelnuts and thoroughly stir until well mixed.
- Transfer into a well-sealed glass jar for storing.