Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Egyptian origin, easy, spicy, fun appetizer
Make and share this Dukka recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup whole almond, toasted lightly
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted until golden
- 4 teaspoons Mexican chili powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- After almonds have been toasted, either grind lightly in a food processor, or preferably use a mortar and pestle to break into small pieces.
- When cool, add toasted sesame seeds and spices - tossing well to blend.
- Serve with a bowl of olive oil and a pile of cut up bread pieces. If you don't want your friends to double dip - cut the bread into small pieces!
- Dip bread into olive oil - then the Dukka mixture - Delicious :o).