1/1 Photo of Duke's Hula Pie
This is an imitation of the real thing, which can be had at Duke's Canoe Club on Oahu. My family always makes it a point to grab a huge slice (each) of this! Adaptation from Lynn & Rick Carlton.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces chocolate fudge topping
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream (vanilla bean works best)
- 6 ounces macadamia nuts
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- 1Bring topping to room temperature.
- 2Crush macadamia nuts.
- 3Scoop ice cream into bowl and mix in crushed macadamia nuts.
- 4Scoop ice cream into pie shell, smoothing into mound (it needs to be a ridiculous 6-8" high at center).
- 5Warm a bit of milk and use it to dilute the chocolate topping, then use a warmed knife to spread chocolate topping over mounded ice cream.
- 6Place in freezer until ready to serve.
- 7HINT: Cover top of pie with whipped cream design before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Duke's Hula Pie
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1798.5
- Calories from Fat 1009
- Total Fat 112.1 g
- Saturated Fat 46.1 g
- Cholesterol 233.1 mg
- Sodium 897.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 179.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 136.3 g
- Protein 26.2 g