Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
From The Dukan Diet Book. The French medical solution for permanent weight loss. The fromage frais can be sub'ed with quark if desired.
Top Review by I'mPat
Loved the kick the Hot Madras curry gave to the soup. I didn't have fromage frais or quark so used sour cream and even after blitzing with the stick blender some bits still floated in the soup but it still tasted delicious and the DM and ate half between us for lunch and I used half a buttenut pumpkins and small piece of grey pumpkin that I had left. Thank you Kiwi Kathy, made for Recipe Swap #75 April 2013 Aussie/Kiwi forum.
- 1⁄4 pumpkin, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 onion, large
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 stock, cube chicken flavour and low fat
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 115 g fromage frais, non-fat
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the pumpkin, onion, apple and bullion cube in a large saucepan, cover with water and cook for 20 - 30 minutes until soft.
- After cooking, pureed the soup but make sure it is not made too smooth, so that you can still taste some bits of pumpkin melt in your mouth.
- Add salt, pepper, curry powder and mix in the fromage frais or quark.