- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together; add alternatively with the milk to the creamed mixture.
- Add almonds and anise seed; mix thoroughly.
- Drop from a teaspoon onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.