Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
From the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together; add alternatively with the milk to the creamed mixture.
- Add almonds and anise seed; mix thoroughly.
- Drop from a teaspoon onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
Just what I was looking for. These are Dutch/ friesian cookies. they are good, next time I will double the anise seed