Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A German side dish. A fun, tasty way to serve potatoes.
- 3 potatoes
- 1 bunch scallion
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 lb pork
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cabbage
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Peel potatoes, cut out from the bottom so that they look as if there is a stem sticking out. (The potatoes cut in halves and scoop out in a special manner so that they look like halved mushrooms.).
- Put them in water and cook until tender.
- While potatoes are cooking:.
- Slice and blanch green onions.
- Chop onion and pork finely.
- Put them together into a pre-heated pan and saute until pork is cooked and onion is tender.
- Add white wine, salt, pepper, spices, cream, mustard, and cabbage.
- Serve "potato mushrooms" on plate . Fill with green onions and top with the cabbage/onion mixture.
My carving ability made my potatoes more like chunky potatoes than mushrooms. LOL. This is a very tasty combination. I used ground pork but followed everything else as stated. I will be making this again (I will practice carving.) Thank you for choosing me in the Help a Camera-less Chef Game #5.