- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby carrots or 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, cut into 1/4 inch diagonal slices
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth or 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or 1 tablespoon chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the carrots, broth, butter, brown sugar, and ginger in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Cover the pan and cook over medium heat until the carrots are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until the liquid reduces to a syrupy glaze that coats the carrots, about 5 minutes.
- Toss with the parsley and transfer to a serving bowl.