Recipe by SVELTE
This casserole is so good you won't be able to find the leftovers! Super simple and delicious this recipe falls together without hassle. It makes a large amount but there wasn't a lot left after all the second helpings.
Top Review by Lulabelle30
This was okay, the stuffing didn't cook and was still dry like it was fresh out of the box. The flavor of everything else was good, though. I don't think I will make this again b/c of the time consumption and the stuffing situation
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup ham, diced and sliced
- 1 cup broccoli floret, frozen ok but fresh is awesome
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, condensed
- 1 (8 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup, condensed
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups herb stuffing mix, 1 box of stuffing
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy onion, crushed
- 2 cups cheese, sharp chedder, swiss any kind will do
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, frozen
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook egg noddles al dente, drain and cool off to the side.
- Cook the chicken through if its not already done. Chop into small pieces and toss in a large bowl. Chop the ham into small pieces, I used deli sliced ham but pre-diced is great too. Toss into the same bowl.
- Chop the onion small and sautee with butter and garlic powder in a pan until heated through.
- Add diced celery and frozen peas and carrots, heat through.
- Meanwhile dice up the broccoli florets if fresh and if they are frozen just add them to the veggies, heat through - dont cook all the way or they'll get soggy.
- Take veggies off the heat and pour into the large bowl with chicken and ham. Stir.
- In the same veggie pan (no need to make extra dishes) pour in the Cream of Chicken Soup and Chedder Cheese soup, do not dilute soup. Now mix in the Half and Half and heat everything to just before boiling. Take off the heat and add soup to bowl with the veggies and meat. Stir and mix together well.
- Grease a large casserole dish. Preheat oven to 425.
- Take uncooked stuffing mix and sprinkle over the bottom of the casserole dish. Add a layer of cooked egg noodles and a layer of the cheesey chicken/veggie mix. Add a layer of cheese. Repeat with suffing, noodles, chicken/veggie mix and more cheese. On the top layer take crushed crunchy onions and sprinkle over the top with a final layer of cheese.
- Put the casserole in the oven for about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. Serve to loved ones and watch it dissapear.