Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Taken from The Everyday Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook.
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add all ingredients except cheese to the slow cooker crock and mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 1/2 hours. Stir in cheddar cheese and cook 1/2 hour more.
This is a wonderful, hearty, flavorful soup! Another keeper for my favorite kitchen appliance, the crock pot! Thanks for sharing! The only changes I made were to use a can of tomato sauce in place of the tomato paste and I added more water to give it a soupier consistency. I also served this with sour cream and salsa. Yum!