Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a good ol Rotel recipe. In this one I would probably use corn tortillas though.
Make and share this Dude Ranch Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Pam cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 3⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 12 8-inch flour tortillas, cut into 6 triangular wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spray a 2-1/2 quart or an 11X7X2 baking dish with Pam cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup cheese, soups, rotel, green chilis and 3/4 cup green onions; blend well.
- Set aside 12 tortilla wedges.
- Mix remaining tortilla wedges into chicken mixture; spoon mixture into baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Carefully remove from oven.
- Tuck remaining 12 tortilla wedges around the inside edge of the baked dish; top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Garnish with 1 tbsp green onions.
This is a great family dinner casserole. Similar sort of to the King Ranch Chicken casserole I have made before. I wasn't exactly sure how to handle the tucking of the 12 tortilla wedges so I just left that off. I ended up using flour tortillas and they worked very well. Very good comfort food and this is something I would make again. Thanks Secret.