1 hr 30 mins
From the Chinese Cooking Class cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs duck
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons american style barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 pineapple
- 4 green onions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1Rinse duck and place on rack in baking pan.
- 2Combine 1/2 cup water, 3 tablespoons each of the sherry, vinegar, soy sauce, and barbecue sauce, and the 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder.
- 3Pour mixture over duck.
- 4Roast duck uncovered in preheated 425ºF oven, basting and turning frequently, until light brown, about 20 minutes.
- 5Reduce heat to 350ºF and roast duck, basting and turning frequently, 1 hour longer.
- 6Remove duck from oven.
- 7Cool completely.
- 8Cut duck in half.
- 9Remove and discard backbone.
- 10Cut duck into small serving-size pieces.
- 11Remove top leaves and all skin from pineapple.
- 12Cut pineapple into quarters.
- 13Cut out and discard core.
- 14Cut pineapple quarters crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- 15Cut onions into thin diagonal slices.
- 16Heat oil in wok over high heat.
- 17Stir-fry ginger and garlic in the oil 1 minute.
- 18Add duck and stir-fry until duck is hot throughout, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 19Combine remaining 3/4 cup water, 3 tablespoons sherry, 1 1/2 tablespoons each vinegar and soy sauce, 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce and the cornstarch.
- 20Pour mixture over duck.
- 21Cook and stir until liquid boils.
- 22Add pineapple and onions.
- 23Cook and stir until pineapple is hot, about 2 minutes longer.
- 24Garnish with Green Onion Curls.
Browse Our Top Whole Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Duck With Pineapple
Serving Size: 1 (967 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2538.5
- Calories from Fat 2075
- Total Fat 230.6 g
- Saturated Fat 75.5 g
- Cholesterol 431.3 mg
- Sodium 1625.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 68.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: