Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fruit always works well with duck.This is an elegant dish and I like to serve it with new potatoes and a selection of vegetables. Note that there can be a big dfference in the size of duck breasts, you might only need two or three to serve 4 people.
- 4 duck breasts
- white pepper
- 3 tablespoons duck or 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney, if there are large pieces of mango in the chutney,chop them finely
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brandy or 1 tablespoon armagnac
- 1 teaspoon potato flour or 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 mango, peeled,stoned and sliced
- Make cuts in the duck breast skin and rub with salt and pepper.
- In a preheated heavy frying pan, fry the breasts on a fairly hot heat, skin side down for about 5/6 minutes until the skin has turned golden brown.
- Turn over, lower the heat and cook for several minutes more until tender and to your own liking.
- Remove the duck from the pan, cover and keep warm.
- Skim off the duck fat from the juices in the pan, there will most likely be a lot of fat.
- Add the stock to the pan, stir to deglaze, then add the butter, chutney, orange juice and the brandy.
- Stir well, mix the potato flour with some water and add to the pan to thicken the sauce.
- Slice the duck diagonally, arrange with the mango slices on warmed plates. Pour over the sauce.
DH and I made this for dinner a couple of nights ago. It was delicious! The mango paired very nicely with the duck and the presentation was gorgeous. This would be a nice dish to serve to company. We followed the directions and ingredients as posted. Thanks for an enjoyable dinner.
This was just the greatest. My husband and I both love duck and I am always looking for new recipes. This is definitely be a regular in our house. The only thing I did differently was to make more of the sauce to have enough to put over the rice. Thanks for the recipe.
YUMMY ! BEST EVER! Used the marinade from - Roast Duck #5108 - and I just cant say how good this was! Needs a TEN!