Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe comes from the French section of a book called Easy International Cooking. It is a quick and tasty way to serve duck.
- 1 2⁄3 kg ducklings
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons arrowroot
- 425 g cherries, drained and stoned
- Wash, dry duck and prick skin a few times with a fork.
- Cook in an oven according to directions on packet, or otherwise approximately 1 1/2 hours at 180°C.
- Ten minutes before duck is ready bring wine, orange juice, chilli and sugar to the boil in a small saucepan.
- Remove a small amount of mixture from saucepan and blend well with arrowroot to form a smooth paste.
- Return to saucepan and stir constantly until sauce boils and thickens.
- Reduce heat, add cherries and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Cut duck into serving portions, serve with sauce to one side along with vegetables of choice.