Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Several years ago I got into trying out lots of different duck recipes. This was one of the tastiest and easiest. The cooking time actually varies according to the size of the duck (see directions).
- Melt all but 2 Tbs of the butter and pour over the duck in a roasting pan.
- Truss and bake at 350° 15 minutes per lb, basting often with the pan juices.
- Combine the cider and liqueur in a saucepan and reduce slightly by boiling.
- Gradually add the cream, salt& pepper.
- Over low heat, reduce the sauce by 1/3 or until thick.
- Fry the apple slices in 2 Tbs butter until golden brown.
- Remove the duck and let rest 15 minutes.
- Place the duck on serving platter, surrounded by the cooked apples.
- Serve the sauce in a separate dish with a spoon or ladle.