1 hr 20 mins
echo echo's Note:
Several years ago I got into trying out lots of different duck recipes. This was one of the tastiest and easiest. The cooking time actually varies according to the size of the duck (see directions).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt all but 2 Tbs of the butter and pour over the duck in a roasting pan.
- 2Truss and bake at 350° 15 minutes per lb, basting often with the pan juices.
- 3Combine the cider and liqueur in a saucepan and reduce slightly by boiling.
- 4Gradually add the cream, salt& pepper.
- 5Over low heat, reduce the sauce by 1/3 or until thick.
- 6Fry the apple slices in 2 Tbs butter until golden brown.
- 7Remove the duck and let rest 15 minutes.
- 8Place the duck on serving platter, surrounded by the cooked apples.
- 9Serve the sauce in a separate dish with a spoon or ladle.
Browse Our Top Whole Duck Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Duck With Apples and Orange Liqueur Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (602 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1689.4
- Calories from Fat 1416
- Total Fat 157.3 g
- Saturated Fat 62.3 g
- Cholesterol 335.0 mg
- Sodium 375.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 37.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: