Recipe by djmastermum
I haven't tried this, but I am posting it because I know I will lose the recipe!
- 4 duck legs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 brown onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper
- 150 g almonds, blanched and roasted
- 25 g toasted sesame seeds
- 4 granny smith apples
- 10 ml orange blossom water or 10 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove excess fat from duck.
- sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a frypan with with oil and add the duck.
- cook on all sides for 5 minutes.
- Add coriander and ginger,.
- Cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Lower heat and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Take out duck, remove all fat from the stock.
- lace a layer of onions on the bottom of the tangine plate, add duck and a quarter of the stock.
- Cover and bring to the boil, lower the heat and cook 10 minutes.
- Peel and core and slice the apples, arrange around the duck, cover and cook a further 5 minutes.
- Before serving add orange blossom water and roasted almonds, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve hot with couscousor rice.
- Chicken legs may be used instead of duck legs.