When my ferrets get sick or are recovering from surgery, I use this "formula" to get them back on their little feet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak dry food in 1/2 cup water and soften it completely.
- 2When dry food is soft, mash with a fork and mix all ingredients in a 2 quart jar and shake thouroughly. Sometimes I microwave it to the temperature of baby formula.
- 3Serve about 4 fluid ounces at a time twice daily for maintenance.
- 4If your little guys are eating too much and you feel they are getting fat, you can increase the amount of water. I have tried increasing the amount of dry food, but if it gets too thick some of them won't eat it.
- 5This formula also freezes well as the Sustacal must be used within 48 hours if left only in the fridge.
Nutritional Facts for Duck Soup (For Ferrets)
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.3
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 61.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: