Recipe by JustJanS
From a cookbook Practical Soups I borrowed from work.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
There are a lot of smiles in this house tonight. I made a double-batch of your Recipe #333068 so I could make a double-batch of this recipe. What great successes. I used wombok as the Chinese cabbage, and had 450 grams of already cooked duck. I used toasted sesame seeds. In place of parsley, I used fresh coriander (cilantro). Amazing and wonderful flavours. The smells in the kitchen were pretty darn good too! Thanks for a real winner.
- 850 ml well flavoured duck stock or 850 ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 star anise
- 125 g boneless duck breasts, finely diced
- 225 g Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the stock, rice wine, soy sauce and star anise in a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and add the duck, the chinese cabbage and the garlic, stirring to mix thoroughly.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes, or until the duck is tender.
- Remove the star anise.
- Stir through the sesame seeds, the oil and the parsley and serve at once in warmed bowls.