Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Belgian Endive works well with the sweet, salty rich nature of this duck dish.
- 1 Chinese barbecued duck (or home roasted)
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fried garlic flakes (available from asian food stores)
- 6 spring onions, cut into 2 cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 -2 lime, juice of
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 mangoes, peeled, sliced lengthways
- 3 Belgian endive, leaves seperated
- Remove the flesh and skin from the duck and cut into smallish pieces.
- Place in a bowl.
- Add the lime leaves, lemongrass, fried garlic, spring onions and ginger.
- Make a dressing by mixing together the lime juice, fish sauce, palm sugar and chilli sauce in a small bowl.
- Toss the duck with the dressing, add the mango and Belgian endive, toos gently and serve at once.