Chef Rangel's Note:
This one was a challenge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups of boiled duck breasts, chopped
- 1 lb ground pork
- 4 cups chopped swiss chard, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
Porcini Cream Sauce
- 1For the filling: Saute pork with garlic for a few minutes and drain fat.
- 2Place pork-garlic saute into mixing bowl, and add duck, chard, basil, oregano and parsley.
- 3Run mixture through meat grinder, processing into a fine paste, and return to mixing bow.
- 4Mix in ricotta, egg yolks and salt.
- 5For the ravioli: Sift the flour into a mound on the mixing board, make a hole in the middle of the flour, and add the eggs, water and salt to the flour.
- 6Beat eggs with a fork, slowly mixing in about half the flour, then mix in remaining flour with the hands, adding a little water if necessary to give the dough the proper consistency for rolling.
- 7Let it rest while mixing the other batches, adding each batch to the original, kneading it into a large ball.
- 8After the mixture has rested for 15 minutes or so, cut ball in half and place it on the floured bread board.
- 9Using a 30" wooden rolling pin, roll dough until paper thin, sprinkling with flour to ensure that it does not stick or tear.
- 10The key is to put very little pressure on the rolling pin, wrapping the dough around the pin and gently spreading it with the palms of the hands as it is being wrapped. *You can tell if the dough is ready if you can hold it up by the corners with two hands and find that it is translucent.
- 11For the sauce: Saute garlic and mushrooms in olive oil/butter mix.
- 12After 5 minutes, add marsala, cooking until about half the marsala has boiled off.
- 13Reduce heat to simmer, mix in whipping cream, and stir for a minute or two.
- 14Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- 15Pour mixture on ravioli and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Duck Ravioli
Serving Size: 1 (1441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3002.3
- Calories from Fat 1126
- Total Fat 125.1 g
- Saturated Fat 63.6 g
- Cholesterol 1117.6 mg
- Sodium 3137.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 307.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 101.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: