Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
French gourmet made easy and quick! It takes 30-40 minutes only! Duck meat should not be overcooked and should be slightly pink when done.
- 2 duck breasts (preferably magrets)
- 45 ml duck fat (reserved during cooking)
- 15 ml sugar
- 6 medium endives, julienned
- to taste salt and pepper
- 250 ml demi-glace
- 60 ml dried cranberries
- 5 ml chopped garlic
- 60 ml cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Score duck skin in a diamond pattern.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook fillets skin-side down about 6-7 minutes, pouring off fat as it melts. Reserve fat.
- Turn and cook 4 more minutes.
- Roast skin-side up 10-15 minutes for medium doneness. Remove to a platter and let stand about 10 minutes, allowing the juices to settle for moist, tender meat.
- Meanwhile, heat reserved fat, add sugar and sauté endives for a few minutes.
- Salt and pepper. Keep warm. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, pour demi-glace, add cranberries and garlic and simmer for a few minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Slice magrets. Lay slices on a bed of endives. Spoon cranberry sauce over and around.
- For a smooth, rich sauce, add cream just before serving.