Recipe by chia
from nigella, courtesy of the NY Times.
Top Review by FlemishMinx
Simply superb! I prepared these just as the recipe states (marinated 24 hrs). The marninade doesn't mask the duck flavor, but complements it. I sauteed some sliced chestnut mushrooms in the same frying pan before cooking the duck, then added them back after removing the breasts; served them on top and it was fabulous (they picked up the wonderful flavor of duck and marinade). Thanks for posting !
- 118.29 ml red wine
- 14.79 ml chili oil
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 1 orange, juice of, of
- 1 orange rind, cut into strips
- 4 whole duck breasts, skin and fat removed
- olive oil
- 29.58 ml sliced chives, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large freezer bag, combine wine, chili oil, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, orange juice and orange rind.
- Mix well and add duck breasts.
- Seal bag and mix again.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Remove duck from marinade and shake off excess liquid.
- Heat and lightly oil a grill, ridged skillet or heavy flat skillet.
- Cook duck breasts to taste, turning frequently, 10 to 15 minutes.
- If desired, cooked breasts may be wrapped in foil and held for 10 minutes until serving.
- To serve, thinly slice breasts diagonally and arrange on a serving plate.
- Pour any juices in pan or foil on top.
- Garnish with chives, and serve.