An elegantly different appetiser, adapted from "Martha Stewart's Menus for Entertaining"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Roast the duck: Score fatty skin on duck breasts and place on roasting pan, fat side up.
- 3Roast in preheated oven 30 minutes.
- 4When cool, discard the skin, bones and fat. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- 5Make the filling: Chop the meat finely. In a large bowl, combine chopped duck with cranberries, raisins, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- 6Prepare the chives: Blanch chives for 3 minutes in boiling water.
- 7Drain and plunge into ice water.
- 8Drain and let dry.
- 9Assembly: Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a clean surface.
- 10Cover remaining dough with damp dish towel. Brush dough with butter, then top with another sheet of phyllo.
- 11Brush with butter and repeat until you have four layers.
- 12Cut the phyllo into six squares.
- 13Place tablespoon of filling in center of each square.
- 14Pull corners to the center, pinching dough in center to close over filling.
- 15Tie each bundle with a single chive.
- 16Snip dough one inch above the chive ribbon so all tops are even.
- 17Bake the purses: Place the purses on baking sheets and bake in 350-degree
- 18oven for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Duck Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Duck-filled Beggar's Purses
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.9
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 149.4 mg
- Sodium 436.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 25.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: