Prep 0 mins
Cook 7 mins
Very fancy fries.
- 3 -4 cups duck fat (for frying)
- 2 lbs idaho russet potatoes or 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled, rinsed and dried
- truffle salt
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Fries: Pour enough fat into a heavy pot to reach at least halfway up the sides of the pan but not more than three-quarters of the way up. Heat the oil to 375°F.
- Cut the potatoes into sticks ¼ inch wide and 2 inches long. Dry all the pieces thoroughly in a clean dishtowel. This will keep the fat from splattering. Divide the potato sticks into batches of no more than 1 cup each. Do not fry more than one batch at a time.
- When the fat has reached the desired temperature, fry the potatoes until golden brown. Using a long-handled skimmer lift out the potatoes and place on a paper towel lined sheet tray. Season with truffle salt. You can keep the frites warm in a 200°F oven until ready to serve.
- Aioli: Mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow flavors to develop. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.).