Duck Curry - Cari Vit (Vietnamese Style)
- Blend onion, ginger, sliced lemongrass, garlic, salt, black pepper,.
- chiles and Red Curry Paste to a puree.
- In large bowl combine puree with duck and marinate, covered for 2-6 hours. Heat half of the oil in large skillet for 2 minutes, then add taro root or potatoes or yams and fry for about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Add remaining oil to skillet, heat and add chicken with its marinade. Stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add minced lemongrass, leaves, fried taro, thin coconut milk and water and mix.
- Bring to boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Gently add thick coconut milk and sugar and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve with steamed rice or a loaf of french bread.