Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
when you make duck confit here's another way to use it
Make and share this Duck Confit Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 4 duck legs, confit
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- salt, pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon duck fat
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 cup dried apricot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup crushed hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons chevre cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- remove the bones from the confit, chop the meat into bite-size pieces.
- cook the fettucine according to package directions, drain, set aside.
- heat olive oil and duck fat in a skillet.
- add garlic, and shallot, cook 2 minutes.
- add apricots, cook 1 minute.
- add hazelnuts and wine, cook over low heat, stirring until reduced by half.
- add stock and duck, reduce by half, 6-8 minutes.
- stir in butter, thyme and pepper.
- mix some sauce into the fettucine.
- spoon pasta onto 4 plates.
- top each with sauce and 1 tbsp chevre.
This recipe was exactly what I was looking for!! Thanks. I used a nice smoked duck breast and omited the nuts. I also topped mine with some nice local smoked cheddar cheese. So Yummy!!!