Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
when you make duck confit here's another way to use it
- 4 duck legs, confit
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- salt, pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon duck fat
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 cup dried apricot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup crushed hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons chevre cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- remove the bones from the confit, chop the meat into bite-size pieces.
- cook the fettucine according to package directions, drain, set aside.
- heat olive oil and duck fat in a skillet.
- add garlic, and shallot, cook 2 minutes.
- add apricots, cook 1 minute.
- add hazelnuts and wine, cook over low heat, stirring until reduced by half.
- add stock and duck, reduce by half, 6-8 minutes.
- stir in butter, thyme and pepper.
- mix some sauce into the fettucine.
- spoon pasta onto 4 plates.
- top each with sauce and 1 tbsp chevre.
This recipe was exactly what I was looking for!! Thanks. I used a nice smoked duck breast and omited the nuts. I also topped mine with some nice local smoked cheddar cheese. So Yummy!!!