Recipe by DiscoverDuck
This recipe is easy and great for a buffet. Use the leg and thigh from a Maple Leaf Farms Roast Half Duck or use Duck Leg Confit. You can also prepare your own roasted duck legs from scratch. Maple Leaf Farms Ground Duck Meat may also be used in this recipe.
- 3 duck legs, and thighs Cooked, Maple Leaf Farms
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup mole (Sauce)
- 12 flour tortillas, warm
- 2 tomatoes, medium dice
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 avocados, sliced (sprinkled with lemon juice)
- 2 cups sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Remove duck meat from cooked legs; shred.
- 2. Saute onion, celery and peppers in oil until lightly brown. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add cumin, tomatoes, beans with juice, oregano, chili powder and mole sauce. Cook over medium low heat until thickened. Add duck; simmer 10 minutes.
- 3. Pour duck chili into serving bowl. Serve hot surrounded by tortillas and toppings.