Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From All Recipes.
Make and share this Duck Cassoulet (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb pork sausage link, sliced
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 whole onion, peeled
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 lb dried navy beans, soaked overnight
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless duck breast halves
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- In a large skillet, brown the sliced sausage over medium heat.
- Insert whole cloves into onion. Roll bacon up, and tie with a string. Tie together parsley, thyme, and rosemary.
- In a large slow cooker, place soaked beans, sausage, bacon, onion studded with cloves, fresh herbs, bay leaf, carrots, minced garlic, and duck.
- Add enough water to cover the other ingredients. Cook for 1 hour on HIGH. Reduce heat to LOW, and continue cooking for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove onion, bacon, and herbs. Stir in chopped tomatoes. Continue cooking for 1/2 hour. Serve.