Tim's favorite duck recipe
Make and share this Duck Cacciatore' recipe from Food.com.
- 6 duck breasts or 2 geese breasts, fillets
- 44.37-59.16 ml flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 177.44 ml chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 0.59 ml thyme
- 0.59 ml marjoram
- 2.46 ml basil
- 59.14 ml chopped scallions or 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- 226.79 g pre-peeled carrots
- 59.14 ml brandy
- Slice filets across the grain about 1/2 inch thick.
- Coat with flour.
- Saute with garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes on each side.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add all to skillet or put everything into crock pot.
- Simmer, covered, in skillet for 1 hour or cook in crock pot on LOW for 7-9 hours.
I never in my life had duck that tasted like this before. It is positively DELICIOUS! Very easy to make as well. I forgot to start it early so having stove-top directions was a big plus. We served this over cooked penne pasta and everyone enjoyed. Thanks for posting! ~Sue