Tim's favorite duck recipe
Make and share this Duck Cacciatore' recipe from Food.com.
- 6 duck breasts or 2 geese breasts, fillets
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallions or 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces pre-peeled carrots
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- Slice filets across the grain about 1/2 inch thick.
- Coat with flour.
- Saute with garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes on each side.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add all to skillet or put everything into crock pot.
- Simmer, covered, in skillet for 1 hour or cook in crock pot on LOW for 7-9 hours.
I never in my life had duck that tasted like this before. It is positively DELICIOUS! Very easy to make as well. I forgot to start it early so having stove-top directions was a big plus. We served this over cooked penne pasta and everyone enjoyed. Thanks for posting! ~Sue