Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
this can be made with chicken breasts too. serve this over polenta with some baby bok choy, from cooking light
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole star anise
- 1⁄2 cup ginger marmalade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 boneless skinless duck breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- combine the first 5 ingredients in a saucepan.
- bring to boil and cook until reduced to 1 cup, about 20 minutes.
- stir in preserves anda pinch of salt, cook 1 minute.
- strain through a sieve over a bowl, discard solids.
- sprinkle duck with remaining salt and pepper.
- heat oil in a skillet, add breasts and cook 5-10 minutes per side, to desired doneness.
- cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices, serve with sauce.