Recipe by Chouny
This meal is a real treat! The sweetness of the honey combined with the tartness of the cranberries compliments very well these duck breasts. Hope you enjoy as much as we did.
- 4 skinless duck breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 leek (chopped)
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1 cup brown gravy mix
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare gravy as per directions on envelope, reserve.
- Salt and pepper each breast on both sides.
- Melt butter and oil in a skillet, brown breasts on both sides until well browned (approximately 3 minutes each side).
- Cook in oven (350°F) for approximately 10 minutes (for small breasts) and for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, in same skillet, add leeks, sauté until tender.
- Add vinegar, orange juice, orange zests, wine, cranberries and honey. Bring to a good simmer and reduce for a few minutes.
- Incorporate gravy, mix well and cook for one more minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut each breast in thin slices crosswise.
- Fan slices on each plate.
- Spoon sauce over duck.