Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Weber’s Big Book of Grilling
Make and share this Duck Breasts With Balsamic Vinegar recipe from Food.com.
- Make the baste: in a small saute pan, combine the balsamic vinegar and honey; bring to a boil; cook over high heat until reduced to 1/3 cup; set aside.
- Trim excess fat from duck breasts; if the skin is very fatty, trim it to a thickness of ¼ inch; score the skin in a diamond pattern.
- Make the seasoning: in a small bowl, combine the seasoning ingredients.
- Sprinkle the breasts with the seasoning, the brush all over with the baste.
- Grill, skin side down, over direct low heat until the internal temperature reaches 160°, 12-14 minutes, basting and turning once halfway through grilling time.
- The juices should be slightly pink, the skin golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Slice thinly on the bias and serve warm.
Was a bit doubtful about this while cooking, as the vinegar was quite overpowering, but it tasted delicious!