Recipe by KellyMac6
Wonderful easy recipe from the book "French Women Don't Get Fat" very flavorful. My duck breasts were thick and took almost three times the amount of time to cook. Also, I didn't marinate for 24 hours or scrape off the marinade, I just stuck them in right away as is. Bon Apetit!
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 1 pinch of crumbled dried bay leaf
- 1 pinch of crumbled dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely diced shallot
- 8 black peppercorns, finely crushed
- 4 duck breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large baking pan mix the salt, bay leaves, thyme, parsley, garlic, shallot, and peppercorns.
- Roll the duck breasts in the mixture and spread them out in the pan skin-side up.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the breasts for 24 hours, turning them once.
- Scrape off the excess marinade.
- Arrange the breasts skin side down on a broiler rack and place the rack 4 inches away from the heat.
- Broil 2 minutes; turn them over and broil 3 to 4 minutes, or until medium rare.
- Allow to cool two minutes then slice on the bias to serve.