Recipe by The Flying Chef
Crispy skinned duck breast with Asian sauce served with either rice timbales or vegetables with noodles.
Top Review by Bigfella111
This worked out so so nice... didnt do the rice thing with it but the duck was amazing... We did our duck in the webber and made a nice sauce from the marinade and what the duck rendered. I say give it a red hot go cause u will be happy
- 2 duck breasts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- reserved marinade
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce (extra)
- 1 tablespoon honey (extra)
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
Serve with either
Rice Timbales Ingredients
- 1⁄2 cup white rice
- 20 g butter
- 3 -4 mushrooms, chopped into small pieces
- 1⁄2 small red pepper, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
Vegetable Noodle Ingredients
- olive oil
- 1 large carrot, chopped into strips
- 100 g snow peas, chopped
- 100 g egg noodles
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Prep time does not include marinating time.
- Method for the duck.
- Combine all marinade ingredients and add duck, marinate several hours or overnight.
- Remove duck from marinade and prick skin all over, reserve marinade for later use.
- Heat fry pan add duck skin side down and cook until browned and crisp (a lot of fat will escape from duck, drain fat from pan several times while cooking skin) remove duck and place on wire rack breast side down and cook in preheated oven 190°C for 25 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes after cooking.
- While duck is cooking make the sauce. Add reserved marinade, extra honey and hoisin to a saucepan bring to boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Mix cornflour with a little water add to pan and stir until mixture thickens.
- Serve duck with either rice timbales or vegetables and noodles.
- To serve with rice timbales.
- Boil some water in a pan, add rice and boil until tender.
- Melt butter in a fry pan, add chopped mushrooms and pepper and cook until soft. Add chopped herbs and rice and stir until heated.
- Butter the inside of two moulds and press rice mixture into them, leave them for 5 minutes before turning out. You can also make these ahead of time and just reheat in the microwave before serving.
- To serve with vegetable and noodles.
- Cook noodles in a pan of boiling water until tender, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a fry pan or wok add garlic and ginger stir fry for about 1 minute. Add carrots and cook for another minute, add sauces and water and cook for a couple of minutes more. Add snow peas and cook until vegetables are just tender.
- Add noodles and stir until heated through.
- For a photo visit http://the-best-recipes.blogspot.com/.