Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Alex Grisanti in Wild Abundance - never tried, looks good.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, mild
- 1 lb duck breast, sliced
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup white mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups tomatoes, whole and canned
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon sage, fresh
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb pasta, cooked, drained, and ready to serve, pasta of your choice
- Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat. Brown sausage and duck in oil, breaking up sausage with wooden spoon as it cooks. Remove meat and set aside.
- Add vegetables (onions through tomatoes) to the pot and cook until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add white wine and put meat back in pot. Add chicken stock, tomato paste, milk, sage, and Parmesan cheese. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for several hours. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
This was delicious. We cheated and used a pressure cooker, which had the duck falling apart, it was great. If you do cheat, make sure to leave time to reduce the sauce, as we didn't factor it in, which is why the sauce looks a bit thin. It was easy to make too. Made for My 3 Chef's 2013