From Alex Grisanti in Wild Abundance - never tried, looks good.
Make and share this Duck Bolognese recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, mild
- 1 lb duck breast, sliced
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup white mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups tomatoes, whole and canned
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon sage, fresh
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb pasta, cooked, drained, and ready to serve, pasta of your choice
- Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat. Brown sausage and duck in oil, breaking up sausage with wooden spoon as it cooks. Remove meat and set aside.
- Add vegetables (onions through tomatoes) to the pot and cook until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add white wine and put meat back in pot. Add chicken stock, tomato paste, milk, sage, and Parmesan cheese. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for several hours. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.