Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks good. It comes from an Australian magazine "Simply lite" which sadly no longer exists. I feel like I should make a note on this that in Australia "Butternut squash" is also considered pumpkin.
- 2 (300 g) duck breasts
- 500 g pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 shallots
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 liter water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- 140 ml light coconut milk
- Remove skin from duck, and cut meat into thin strips.
- Peel Pumpkin and cut into 2cm cubes.
- Combine oil and spring onions in a large saucepan, stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add curry paste and stir over heat for 1 minute.
- Add water, sugar, fish sauce, and lime leaves.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add duck, pumpkin, and tomatoes, cook for 10 minutes or until duck and pumpkin are cooked.
- Add basil and coconut milk, warm through.