Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the famous Duchin Lounge in Sun Valley, Idaho. It is their signature drink!
- 2⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup spiced rum
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- Using an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar, butter, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a medium bowl until blended and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a 4-cup (or larger) measuring cup. Add the rum and then 2 cups of boiling water. Stir until the butter mixture dissolves.
- Divide the buttered rum among 4 mugs.
- Garnish with the cinnamon sticks and serve.
What a lovely treat. I scaled this down to make a mug for myself. Wish I would have made the whole recipe, it was so good. Flavorful, spicy, silky and smooth with a nice burst of butter. Thank you so much for sharing a recipe that I will be enjoying often.
I used your recipe as my first attempt at making Hot Buttered Rum. It is very good! It's sweet, smooth and buttery. I'd have to say this will become a must have during the winter for years to come. Thanks for posting this recipe.