- 2 carrots
- 1⁄2 bunch celery
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon butter (for saute)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (for roux)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 gallon chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut veggies into chunks and saute in the 1 tablespoon of butter.
- In large soup pan, heat milk to a weak boil.
- Thicken with a roux made from 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons flour.
- Blend in cheese, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth and sauteed veggies.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Great served with French bread!