Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 35 mins
Rise and I had these at a very fancy restaurant and I went in search of the recipe, found it on food network. They are really pretty and empressive. Can be made ahead for a dinner party.
- 3 lbs baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- freshly grated nutmeg
- white pepper
- melted unsalted butter, for drizzling over the potatoes
- Bake the potatoes in a preheated 400 degree oven for 1 hour or untilthey are tender.
- Halve the potatoes lengthwise, scrape the flesh into a bowl.
- Press through a ricer or sieve into a large bowl.
- With and electric mixer beat in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing between.
- Add half and half and beat the mixture until it is combined well and smooth.
- Add 1/3 cup parmesan.
- Add nutmeg, pepper, salt, to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large decorative tip.
- Pipe mixture into 6 rosettes onto a buttered baking sheet.
- Drizzle them with melted butter and remaining cheese.
- The rosettes may be chilled, covered loosely, for several hours or overnight.
- Bake the potatoe rosettes in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes for potatoes at room temp.
- or 25 minutes to 30 minutes for chilled potatoes, or until they are heated through.
- Put the baking sheet under a broiler about 6 inches from the heat, and broil them until the tops are golden.