Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Elegant and tasty potatoes will add a gourmet touch to any meal. Very pretty on the plate.
Make and share this Duchess Potatoes au gratin recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces (about 4 medium potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- cooking spray (optional)
- Cook potatoes in water in a large sauce pan until tender.
- Drain and mash.
- Mix remaining ingredients, (except cooking spray) in a large bowl.
- Add to potatoes.
- Whip smooth with a hand mixer.
- Pipe onto a greased baking sheet using a large star tip in a pastry bag into 12 swirls, or spoon about 1/3 of a cup into mounds.
- Spray with cooking spray for a crispier crust if desired.
- Bake in 425° F oven for about 20 minutes until tips are golden brown.
This was a pretty presentation, but the flavors weren't as full as I thought they would be. I was thinking, creamy with a cheddery- potatoey flavor. It just wasn't there.