Recipe by Annisette
This recipe allows you to make your mashed potatoes a day ahead, shape them, and refrigerate them until ready to bake. Lovely presentation. From VT Nov/Dec 2006.
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3 large potatoes)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In large pot, add potatoes and enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 10 minutes, or until soft. Drain.
- Mash until smooth (I like using my mixer to do this). Stir in butter and sour cream. Add egg yolks and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Scoop potatoes into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe 8 swirled ovals into the prepared baking sheet.
- This can be refrigerated at this point until ready to bake.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or untl the edges start to brown.