Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. The traditional mashed potato gets make-over. Just add a few steps and ingredients, the dish looks more appetizing. Note: Prepare mashed potato simply with water and butter. If pastry bag isn't available, use a plastic bag with snipped off corner
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 450°F; adjust rack to middle position. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place carrots in a small saucepan. Add 1½ cup water. Bring to a boil; simmer for about 8-10 minutes or until carrots are just tender. Drain carrots, reserving 3 tablespoons cooking water. Cool slightly. Combine carrots, cilantro and reserved water in a blender. Blend until pureed.
- In a medium bowl, combine carrot puree, mashed potato, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and egg. Spoon potato mixture into pastry bag with a large star tip. Pipe mixture into decorative mounds. Lightly spray mounds with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are browned.