Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love learning about my heritage, and this cake is a true Irish dessert! I've made this cake for many holidays and it is always a big hit. It is simple, delicious, and might give you a little buzz!
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) cartonheavy whipped cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package apple cinnamon quick bread mix
- 1 chopped and peeled apple
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- remaining heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine, in small saucepan over low heat: brown sugar, butter and 2 tablespoons of whipping cream.
- Cook and stir just until butter is melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in pecans.
- Pour mixture into bottom of ungreased 9-in round cake pan or 9-in square pan: set aside.
- Combine, in large bowl, all cake ingredients.
- Stir 50-75 strokes by hand until mix is moistened.
- Spoon batter over caramel mixture, making sure caramel is completely covered.
- Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 1 minute, then invert onto serving plate.
- Beat, in small bowl, remaining whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Add powdered sugar and whiskey.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream mixture on top of cake.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Store in refrigerator.