Found this in a Cooking Light Magazine. We enjoyed them so thought I would share the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 yellow onion, cut in half and chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat dubliner cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1Combine quinoa, onion, bell peppers, cheese, egg and egg whites, garlic and chili powders, and salt and pepper in medium mixing bowl and mix gently with a spoon or spatula.
- 2Heat a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium high heat.
- 3Using a 1/2 c measuring cup, measure 1/2 cup portions of the quinoa mixture into pan flattening each to 1/2 inch thick.
- 4Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until bottom is browned and cake is firm.
- 5Flip over and brown othr side.
- 6Top each cake with chopped avocado and tomato and sour cream dollopo.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dubliner Quinoa Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.3
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 199.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat dubliner cheese