Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Found this in a Cooking Light Magazine. We enjoyed them so thought I would share the recipe.
- 1 yellow onion, cut in half and chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat dubliner cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Combine quinoa, onion, bell peppers, cheese, egg and egg whites, garlic and chili powders, and salt and pepper in medium mixing bowl and mix gently with a spoon or spatula.
- Heat a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium high heat.
- Using a 1/2 c measuring cup, measure 1/2 cup portions of the quinoa mixture into pan flattening each to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until bottom is browned and cake is firm.
- Flip over and brown othr side.
- Top each cake with chopped avocado and tomato and sour cream dollopo.