Recipe by Miss Annie
I like to make these quite often. Makes a good one dish meal, and it does not require a lot attention.
Top Review by MizzNezz
So good!! Tender, moist, and delicious! I added a few cut up potatoes with the carrots. Then I served with a green salad and rolls. Very easy meal to make. Required very little of my time for such good results! Thanks Miss Annie!
- 3 -4 lbs meaty short rib of beef
- 1 quart water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 2 celery ribs (leaves only)
- 1 lb small white onion, peeled
- 1 lb young carrot, pared and halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Place short ribs in a heavy pot.
- Add water, salt, pepper, parsley and celery leaves.
- Cover and simmer until almost tender (about 1-1/2 hours).
- Add onions and carrots.
- Simmer until the vegetables are done (about 20 minutes).
- Adjust seasoniongs.
- Serve with creamy horseradish sauce.