Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 lbs smoked ham, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 quart boiling water
- 2 large yellow onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Place sausage and ham in boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain meat, but reserve the liquid.
- Put meat into a large saucepan along with the onions, potatoes and parsley.
- Add enough of the reserved liquid to almost, but not quite cover the contents of the saucepan.
- Cover and simmer gently for 1 hour, or until the liquid is reduced by half and all the ingredients are cooked through but not soggy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This dish was so good! It is filling and so easy to make. I followed Troy's instructions exactly, and the dish finished as I expected. I served this with a hearty flax seed bread, and the crew loved it. It's a keeper!
sacrilege this is not a coddle I am from Dublin