Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is a modern take on the irish classic. Comfort food at its best. Just in time for St.Patricks day. I would not suggest using american bacon for this, if you cant get british rashers bacon, use canadian bacon.
- Preheat oven to 180c/360f.
- Brown sausage all over in skillet, no need to cook completely. Allow to cool, then cut into 1" chunks.
- In a big bowl, combine half the potatoes, onion, carrots, bacon, cabbage and herbs.
- Tip into larhe casserole dish, and arrange the remaining potato slices on top.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, increase oven temperature to 200c/405f. Remove lid from dish and dot the potatoes with the butter.
- Place dish back in oven and bake till top layer of potatoes are golden, about 20 minutes.